Save to SD card

RyanSweatshirt

Re: Save to SD card

Postby RyanSweatshirt » Sat Jan 16, 2016 5:27 am

I had this same problem. I solved it by creating a folder in the root of my SD card called "podcasts". Inside of "podcasts", create another folder called "PodkickerDownloads".

Go to "Download locations" in settings and I put in "/storage/externalSdCard/podcasts".

I used Astro file manager to see that "storage/externalSdCard/" led to my external SD. I then used my computer to create a folder "podcasts" in the root, and then created a folder "PodkickerDownloads" inside of "podcasts". The problem here is that Podkicker doesn't have permission to create the "PodkickerDownloads" folder inside of the folder you point to.

So the likely solution is to create a folder "PodkickerDownloads" inside of the folder you want podcasts to be downloaded to. Then set that folder ("podcasts" in my case) as the "Download location". Hope that helps!

Jack_Corzine

Postby Jack_Corzine » Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:47 pm

Got the answer, since KitKat Android has only allowed write access to the folders under it's own directory. The path you need to use is:

/storage/extSdCard/android/data/com.podkicker/files

Hope this helps, it works fine for me. I'm open to gratuities, just email me for directions on where to send the money :)

Yours,
Jack

mulesrule

Postby mulesrule » Mon Feb 01, 2016 3:53 pm

I was running out of internal space too on my Samsung Galaxy Mega and changed to the following location on the external SD: /storage/extSdCard/Android/data/ait.podka
(note caps/lowercase).
Seems to be working, will post back if it isn't!
I also use Podcast Republic, which has no problem writing to the SD card. I agree with the post above that the ability to browse to a download location, or better yet, going to it automatically, would be really helpful.

mulesrule

Postby mulesrule » Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:13 pm

Hi, trying again to post! The external SD path that works for me on my Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 is: /storage/extSdCard/Android/data/ait.podka (note caps/lowercase). Agree that an easier/automated way to find this would be helpful.

maxraf80

Postby maxraf80 » Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:34 am

Hi guys

I think I have a clue, I tried to change the download route for the folder "podcast" in a sd card and I was getting mad, my solution was so simple, I installed ivoox, I selected to change the download route, in this application you have a browser to set the route, so then I copied the route in a paper (capital letters matters) and for example, for this case was
/storage/extSdCard/Podcast

I hope this would help you.

clipwolf

Postby clipwolf » Mon Feb 15, 2016 5:09 pm

On the LG G4 (and probably other LG devices as well), the path that works is:

/storage/external_SD/Android/data/com.podkicker/files

Note: Podkicker said it could not not transfer the old downloaded files. I suggest finishing and deleting your downloaded tracks before changing the path. This also doesn't change what I said above: if the app called the "ACTION_OPEN_DOCUMENT_TREE" intent, it would automatically gain write access to any directory the user chooses, but it's not a terrible inconvenience to save in a specific folder pre-sanctioned by the OS.

jakob
Site Admin

Postby jakob » Tue Feb 16, 2016 9:32 pm

Switching download location to another storage like an SD-card will be simplified in the upcoming version 2.2.1

clipwolf

Postby clipwolf » Fri Feb 26, 2016 3:34 pm

It's much improved. Thanks!

With the option to switch between internal and external app data directories, I don't see myself even wanting to save to a custom location anymore.

Don

Postby Don » Sun Jun 19, 2016 2:41 pm

Don

Postby Don » Sun Jun 19, 2016 4:06 pm

FLWUP to my post a few minutes ago.

So I figured out how to browse to a folder on my micro SD card, but Podkicker tells me that it is not writable.

I created a top-level folder called podkickerdownloads (/storage/sdcard1/podkickerdownloads). Is there some magic folder name that I need to use?

Don.

Return to “Bugs & Problems”