Save to SD card

Re: Save to SD card

Postby Don » Thu Jul 14, 2016 4:54 pm

Well, the magic seems to be to use a different Podcasting app.

I am now using Podcast Addict which does let me save Podcasts to an SD card, sorry Podkicker but I am out of here.

Postby dot_the_speck » Wed Sep 28, 2016 12:32 am

I am having this problem as well. No matter which file path I try, there are still only ~600MB of storage available. My SD card has over 24GB. There is a path name that seems to be created by Podkicker and a folder for it: sdcard/Android/data/ait.podka/files. But I can't get anything to save there.

I also noticed that there is a Permissions settings to toggle in the app settings. I set that to allow for storage but that hasn't fixed it.

I have a Moto G and Android 6.0.

Would love to be able to fix this problem, I have been using Podkicker for years and really enjoy it. But not if I am limited to ~600MB of storage when I have plenty more on the SD card.

Postby lovalova27 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:51 pm

This problem has just popped up for me for some reason. I'd previously had podcasts downloading to my SD card (for years!) and suddenly in the past few days all my downloaded casts got deleted from my storage, and now when I type in an SD card directory for it to save to, it's ignoring that and still saving to my internal storage. A.) What happened that all my downloaded podcasts were deleted out of nowhere? B.) More importantly, why is it no longer downloading to my SD card, even though it recognizes it as a valid location, and even though it used to be able to with no issues? Can anyone help?? I have almost zero internal storage space so this is a huge problem.

Return to “Bugs & Problems”